Mindfulness Instructor course
This assessed and certified course has been designed for people with an established personal mindfulness practice who would like to learn how to lead mindfulness sessions. It is accredited by the Complimentary Therapies Association.
Examples of people attending the course are
- people wanting to set up a mindfulness practice group
- people wanting to combine mindfulness with other teachings
- people wanting to use some mindfulness practices with their existing clients/students
- people wanting to develop new mindfulness offerings to the public
- people wanting to introduce mindfulness into the workplace
Please note this course does not qualify you to teach MBSR/MBCT/MBRP.
In order to access this course you must have completed an 8 week mindfulness course and have several months of personal practice following your course.
The Instructor course consists of 2 days group training at the Old Coach House Healing Centre, Marsden, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD7 6LY which are followed by 12 weeks distance learning.
The 2 day group training covers the history and definition of mindfulness; the neuroscience of mindfulness; how stress affects the body; core mindfulness practices; mindful eating; informal mindfulness; mindful movement; key mindfulness teachings; using mindfulness to deal with difficult emotions; working with clients; working with groups; facilitators guides; how to guide meditation; screening clients and, of course, lots of practice!.
This course costs £380 which includes
- 2 days group training at the beautiful Old Coach House healing and well-being centre including all refreshments and a vegetarian lunch
- All supporting course materials
- 12 weeks tutor availability for the duration of the home learning period.
In order to pass the course participants have to submit/demonstrate the following:
- Two days supervised skills development practice
Delivery of 15-minute Mindfulness group session
Two Session plan outlines (e.g housekeeping, scripts, running order, equipment list, homework, poems etc.)
A Reflective Learning Journal which includes a record of 20 mins personal practice twice daily for 8 Weeks.
Two book reviews
Production of a recording of a guided meditation.